I started wearing glasses at age 6. When growing up, I was always outside or playing sports and my parents had to take me to the eye doctor about once a week to get my glasses adjusted. At age 10, I was fitted with gas permeable contacts to help slow the progression of my prescription from getting worse. It was always a pain wearing contacts because they would either fall out or they would irritate my eyes and cause them to be red.
Surgical Patient Services & Laser Technician
LASIK Patient - October of 2016
Why LASIK was the right decision for me:
It is so nice not having to wear any sort of prescription now, because my wife and I recently had a little boy. Not having to worry about putting on glasses to take care of him in the middle of the night is a blessing. I also no longer have to worry about my son pulling my glasses off my face or breaking them.
- Save money – I no longer have to purchase glasses and contacts, which has saved me and my family a lot!
- Convenience – Having LASIK has provided freedom, allowing me to paricipate in sports and be more active.
- Vision– After having LASIK, my vision is sharper than it ever was with glasses.
- Career– I love that I am able to help provide clear vision to our patients. Having LASIK also allows me to better explain, to our patients, what to expect before, during and after the procedure.
- Appearance– Who doesn't look better, not wearing glasses!